We already explained the history of the Radler on the site. Radler was originally a mix of beer with citrus lemonade, but has recently been sold in different flavors. And although we are not really in favor of mixing beer with other ingredients, our eyes fell on this Bull’s Eye. A cocktail with beer that we wanted to give a try. We could not find the origin of this cocktail, but it would be a Cuban recipe. You can make the cocktail by the glass, but it is actually the intention that you make a larger amount in a big can, and then pour it out among your guests on a (winter) barbecue. It most definitely is a thirst quencher.
What do you need?
- 25 cl. ginger Ale (we used Fever Tree)
- 25 cl. Pils beer (we used Heineken 0,0)
- 5 cl. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cl. sugar syrup if you like it a little sweeter
- Ice cubes
How do you make it?
- It depends a bit on whether you want to make this cocktail by the glass or in a larger quantity. If you make it in a glass, you first put a few ice cubes in your glass before pouring everything into it. If you make it in a large jug, you do not put ice in the jug, but in the glasses in which you pour it out afterwards.
- Furthermore, it is simply a matter of pouring the above mentioned ingredients together. You should start with the lime juice, the ginger ale and the sugar syrup to pour the beer last. Especially when you make it by the glass, then you still have a little foam head (which will disappear quickly).
- When everything is mixed, your drink is ready, that is really all it takes.
- You can garnish with a part of lime.