To name the numerous health benefits that can be attributed to drinking coconut water is almost impossible. Natural, unsweetened, coconut water, is healthy for your heart, can prevent kidney stones, contains antioxidants, many healthy nutrients and lowers blood pressure. If you know that these are by far not all the benefits of drinking coconut water, you will understand that it is an extremely healthy juice. Well, maybe this shouldn’t be taken too literally, but coconut water is certainly not unhealthy. For us this was more than a good reason to try a mocktail with coconut water. We experimented a bit and finally came up with the recipe below. We baptized the drink the Cocoto
What do you need?
- 15 cl. tonic (we used Fever Tree Naturally Light)
- 10 cl. coconut water (we used a delicious can of fountain or youth)
- 3 cl. ginger syrup
- 4 cl. Borrago # 47 Paloma Blend (or another alcohol-free alternative to Gin like No Ghost in a Bottle, Memento, Nona, Seedlip, …)
- Ice cubes
- A sprig of mint and two wedges of lime for the finish
How do you make it?
- Fill a large glass with ice cubes
- Pour the ginger syrup into the glass first
- Fill with the Borrago, the coconut water and the tonic
- Finish with the lime slices and the sprig of mint