Every cocktail with carbonated water and acidic juices is called a ‘Fizz’. The most famous cocktail from the ‘Fizz’ family is obviously the Gin Fizz, but over the years countless variations have been created. The original Gin Fizz contained, next to Gin, only soda water, lemon juice and two spoonfuls of sugar. This was the simplest form of the ‘Fizz’ and was first described in the ‘Bartender’s Guide’ by Jeffrey Thomas in 1887.
A slightly more complicated version of the Gin Fizz, is the Ramos Fizz. In this Ramos Fizz, lime juice, orange extract, egg white and cream are added. To achieve the desired, creamy result, you have to shake the Ramos Fizz for an exceptionally long time. We wanted to spare you the utterly ridiculous , long shaking and created a solution with our No Gin in the Fizz. In this mocktail we omit the cream, the lime and the orange extract and just add 2cl. of egg whites to the traditional Gin Fizz, to create a nice, foamy head on the drink. We replace the Gin with ‘No Ghost in a Bottle – Floral Delight’.
What do you need?
- 6 cl. No Ghost in a Bottle Floral Delight (or another alcohol-free distillate such as MeMento, Nona June, Ginsin, Seedlip,…)
- 2 cl. simple syrup (can be made by boiling one part of water, mixing it with one part of sugar and letting it cool down)
- 3 cl. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cl. soda water (or more if you want a milder taste)
- 1 egg white
How do you make it?
- First and foremost, you have to separate the egg white and keep it apart
- Put ice cubes in your glass to cool it or place it in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Pour the No Ghost in a bottle in a shaker, together with the sugar syrup and the lemon juice
- Add an egg white. (2 cl. is sufficient)
- Shake all this vigorously for about ten seconds
- Now add three or four ice cubes to the shaker
- Shake again, this time fifteen to twenty seconds
- Pour the cocktail into the chilled glass with the help of the strainer
- Finish off with the soda water
- If all is well, you now have a great tasting No Gin in the Fizz, with a nice foamy head